The U.S. Census is conducted every 10 years to count every person residing within the United States. The next Census will be taking place in 2020, and it is critical that nonprofits help “get out the count.” Watch the video and read on to learn more about the Census.
The video above is in English. Click the CC button for closed captioning. The video below contains Spanish subtitles.
What Can Your Nonprofit Do?
Washington Nonprofits is developing a 2020 Census Action Kit for nonprofit organizations that will be released in April 2019. Watch this page for updates. Until then, your nonprofit can download and circulate our latest one pager about the Census.
- Click here to download the English version of the one pager
- Click here to download the Spanish version of the one pager
Our toolkit design has been informed by statewide stakeholder research. You can download and read our summary report here.
To help get ready for the 2020 count, your nonprofit can also:
- Sign up for updates from Washington Nonprofits.
- Click here to learn how you can take action to support an accurate count.
- Connect with the Washington Census Alliance, which is a statewide coalition of organizations led by, and who serve communities of color, in order to focus energy and resources on historically undercounted communities in their regions and throughout Washington state.
- Download the fact sheet about the Census and response confidentialiaty.
- Check out our Census FAQ and resource page.
- Start talking about what’s at stake for your community with your board, staff and clients.
- Join or start a local organizing coalition.
- Sign up for updates from the Washington State Complete Count Committee.
- Circulate job postings from the Census Bureau so that individuals with deep community knowledge are part of the frontline staff getting out the count. Jobs are posted here.