Join Our Team!
Director of Community Engagement
The Director of Community Engagement is charged with expanding the Washington Nonprofits network and membership base and building our statewide network of partners and regional staff. This position is an integral member of the Washington Nonprofits leadership team. The successful candidate will have a community organizing mindset and work to connect nonprofit and community leaders, as well as allied individuals, businesses and philanthropic organizations, with all aspects of our work. Learn more and apply!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop annual plans for network growth and membership development.
- Participate in shaping overall strategy, including maintaining relevance to a wide range of nonprofits across Washington state.
Build a powerful statewide network:
- Hire and coordinate a multicultural team of regional representatives in communities across Washington.
- Manage partnerships with capacity builders, community foundations and other aligned organizations.
- Develop a strategy to improve service to and increase engagement of rural communities.
- Provide leadership for the Central Washington Conference for the Greater Good.
- Lead the effort to establish vibrant affinity groups to connect members with common interest and concerns, including establishing online groups and organizing convenings.
- Provide oversight to Washington Nonprofits’ membership program
- Develop overall strategy to recruit and retain members and meet membership goals.
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- Share responsibility for developing and implementing engagement strategies and networking opportunities for members.
- Ensure that data is managed effectively to maintain relationships and increase engagement.
- Coordinate our efforts to improve the use of SalesForce to track engagement and keep in touch with nonprofits and allies.
- Supervise the Membership Manager and regional staff.
- Lead the team that works to ensure that we have quality data about nonprofits in Washington.
Fundraising and financial management:
- Work with Operations Manager to manage finances and administration of community engagement programs.
- Write grant proposals and seek grant funding related to community engagement.
- Document and evaluate projects to demonstrate impact, improve practice and report to funders.
Contribute to a strong organization:
- Participate in the organization’s leadership team.
- Contribute to the visibility of the organization by representing WN at events.
- Bring ideas from events, meetings, etc. back to the organization to contribute to our on-going effort to understand and support nonprofits in Washington.
We are excited about the number of people who want to work in the nonprofit sector. Washington Nonprofits has partnered with Mac’s List to promote career opportunities in our state’s nonprofit sector. Below is a list of the newest nonprofit jobs in Washington posted on Mac’s List.
Since 2001, Mac’s List has connected passionate job seekers to mission-driven businesses in the Pacific Northwest.
Do you have a job to post? Washington Nonprofits members receive a $15 discount when posting job openings on Mac’s List. Visit our Discount Programs page for more information. Members can find the discount code on the member resources page.
Nonprofit Jobs From Mac’s List