Washington Nonprofits is here to support nonprofits seeking ARPA funding as well as advocating on your behalf with state and local government (see Resources for Government Partners to learn more about our advocacy for inclusive priority-setting and effective funding distribution).
The resources below, along with upcoming educational workshops, will help you decide whether to apply for ARPA funding available via federal grants, state or local government grants and contracts. We cannot guarantee that our listings of available funding will be comprehensive, so we list places where you can do additional grants research as well.
Join Washington Nonprofits’ email lists to receive updates regarding upcoming workshops, opportunities to advocate, and nonprofit news.
Here we will list the ARPA grants available to nonprofits in Washington that we are aware of. This list will include both federal grants but also state and county level grants as they become available. If you are a funder, please share your funding opportunity with us so we can help spread the word.
Selected Federal ARPA Grants
- American Rescue Plan Act Build Back Better Regional Challenge EDA-HDQ-ARPBBB-2021-2006976
- American Rescue Plan Act Good Jobs Challenge EDA-HDQ-ARPGJ-2021-2006964
- Emergency Rural Health Care Grants through the USDA Rural Development
- Promoting Vaccine Confidence in Local Communities through Partnership with Regional Health Offices NV-VSR-21-001
- Teacher and School Leader (TSL) Incentive Program Assistance Listing Number 84.374A Department of Education
Selected Washington State & Local ARPA Grants
More information coming soon!
Thurston Strong Grants for Thurston County Nonprofits Coming Soon
These are a list of grants we are aware of. If you are aware of grants that should be included in this list, please let us know!
GRANT WRITING HELP
Washington Nonprofits has resources available on grant writing and we will be extending these to include additional resources to support grant writing around ARPA in the state of Washington. These will include:
Washington Nonprofits Resources
- Get Ready for ARPA Funding: 3-part online series – Washington Nonprofits Institute
- Grantwriting Help – Washington Nonprofits Institute
- Pasos Básicos Para Escribir Un Grant – Washington Nonprofits Institute
- Information on Hiring a Grantwriter – Puget Sound Grantwriters Association
- The Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint – GrantsMagic U (member discount available)
- Spark the Fire Grantwriting Classes (member discount available)
- Grant Gateway – An introduction to federal grants from Senator Patty Murray
- Grantwriting Clinics – Communities Rise
- Your Local Library – many libraries have subscriptions to searchable databases for grant research that you can access, often remotely.
- ARPA Overview
- ARPA & Nonprofits in Washington – Washington Nonprofits
- What is the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) – House Committee on the Budget
- Analysis of Key Provisions of ARPA Affecting Nonprofits – National Council of Nonprofits
- Summary of ARPA Provisions – Independent Sector
- Principles for Effective Use of ARPA Funds
- 10 Funding Principles for the American Rescue Plan Act – Washington Nonprofits
- Principles, Recommendation, and Models for Investing Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds – National Council of Nonprofits
- ARPA Messaging
- What Nonprofits Want Government Partners to Know – Washington Nonprofits
- Learn More About ARPA
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds – U.S. Treasury Guidance for ARPA
- ARPA & Broadband – The American Rescue Plan is the Broadband Down Payment the Country Needs – Brookings
Additional COVID-19 Funding
- Philanthropy Northwest COVID-19 Response Funds Tracker
- Small Business Recovery Assistance in Washington
Where ARPA Funding is Going in the Washington State Budget
Amounts are listed in millions. These allocations are based on the National Conference of State Legislatures data tables.
To access this chart on mobile, please use this link.