Transitioning your fundraiser to a virtual platform last year was hard. We heard many nonprofits express frustration that their traditional activities like Wine Grabs and silent auctions of liquor are not allowed online.
To assist nonprofits during the pandemic, the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board recently announced temporary allowances to assist nonprofits.
You can now engage in online silent auctions of alcohol if the following parameters are followed:
• The non-profit organization obtains a special occasion license from the WSLCB;
• Each online silent auction must not exceed one 7-day week in length;
• The alcohol to be auctioned must be located at the non-profit organization’s office or headquarters;
• The non-profit organization directly collects the money from the sale of alcohol;
• The winners of the online silent auction are announced during the licensed period – (through a moderator in real time, or electronic notifications); and
• Alcohol is picked up by the winners at the non-profit organization’s office or headquarters, or is shipped from this location directly to the winner’s address**. ID must be checked upon delivery or pick-up to ensure the customer is 21 or older.
Have questions about fundraising with alcohol?
Please call 360-664-1660 *Option 1 or email email@example.com
Other resources to help you plan your next virtual fundraiser
- Webinar Recording of our Embracing Virtual Fundraising Events webinar from Sep. 2020
- Special Occasions License application
- Liquor, Cannabis, Gambling… and Your Fundraising Event toolkit
- Tech Impact’s Consumer Guide to Low-Cost Fundraising Software
- (a few) Virtual Fundraising Platforms