If you are also feeling inspired to action and want to send a message to Congress, here are two ways to take action. First, you can call congress to deliver this message:
Please support full funding for the 2020 U.S. Census and exclude the citizenship question. This will ensure our state’s communities receive their fair share of federal resources and that nonprofits can effectively serve their constituents.
- Senator Maria Cantwell: (202) 224-3441
- Senator Patty Murray: (202) 224-2621
- Congressional Switchboard to be Directed to Your Representative: (202) 225-3121
We also developed a postcard template that you can fill out and send to Senator Maria Cantwell, Senator Patty Murray, and your Representative. To use the postcard template:
- Download the template here.
- Print the postcard onto cardstock OR print the postcard on regular paper and glue it to an index card or postcard.
- Find mailing address information for our Senators here.
- Find mailing address information for your Representative here.
- Affix postage and mail the postcard.
Our representatives in Congress need to hear from nonprofits so that the Census will be fully funded and the proposed citizenship question excluded. Our collective advocacy will help ensure an accurate count and ensure that Washington’s communities receive their fair share of federal resources.
Additionally, if you would like to take further action, take a look at the resources and tools available from the League of Women Voters.