Does your nonprofit organization want to engage in meaningful conversations to bring people closer to your mission, develop a plan for the future, and energize those inside and outside the organization? Is strategic planning on your radar for 2018? If you answered yes to both, and relish the idea of learning side-by-side with peers in the nonprofit sector, you are invited to apply to the Strategic Planning in Nonprofits 2018 cohort!
Washington Nonprofits and Kim Rakow Bernier Consulting are partnering to create a strategic planning cohort to guide 2-3 person teams from 10 nonprofits through the strategic planning process during January through June 2018. The cohort will use resources from Strategic Planning in Nonprofits (SPiN), which is a new toolkit to help nonprofits successfully complete strategic planning.
“This engaged our board in a new way.” – Najja Brown, Yield to the King Ministry
“It has really brought us together as a board.” – Act One
“It feels really good to have the support.” –Jeanne Berwick, One Equal Heart Foundation
Benefits of the SPiN Cohort
Get the support you need to create a quality strategic plan for your nonprofit.
- Support for a team of people to learn about and take action to create a strategic plan
- Key concepts and practical tools presented in real time to guide you through the process
- Peer learning and feedback at key points
- Expert coaching and assistance available as needed
- By June 2018, you will have a completed strategic plan!
Your organization must:
- Have regular board meetings (monthly preferred)
- Be an existing 501(c)3 or nonprofit corporation registered with the state
You must commit to:
- Send a team of 2-3 people (board and staff) to three in-person, 2.5 hour training workshops over the course of five months (North Seattle location), plus up to three conference calls
Workshops: January 16, March 20, and May 22 from 5:30-8:00pm (dinner provided)
- Be prepared to complete practical homework assignments between sessions (drafting various pieces of your plan)
- Provide feedback on the course materials and toolkit
- Pay a fee of $100 per organization
Interested organizations should complete the online application. Preference will be given to organizations that apply by December 1. After December 1, contact us to find out if space is available. The 2018 SPiN Cohort is limited to ten organizations.
This training series is offered at low-cost by Washington Nonprofits thanks to support from the Satterberg Foundation. The estimated value of the training series is $2,500 per organization.
ABOUT KIM RAKOW BERNIER
Kim Rakow Bernier, M.P.A. is driven by people, planning, and purpose. Kim has led nonprofit planning efforts from both inside and out of multiple organizations; most recently at a global grantmaking nonprofit in her role as Executive Director, and as the chair of the strategic planning committee in a leadership development and environmental restoration organization. She is a skilled educator and facilitator. Kim spent close to a decade leading outreach initiatives at a global sustainability education organization. Currently Kim provides organizational development consulting services to nonprofits, partnering on strategy formation and planning, process facilitation, measurement and evaluation, and capacity building projects to increase program impact and achieve results. Kim has a Master of Public Administration degree and a Certificate in International Development Policy and Management from the Evans School of Public Affairs.