One way Washington Nonprofits makes sure that nonprofits have what they need to succeed is by investing in research that lead to informed action. We track who has the best resources to move nonprofits forward.
The Assessment of Nonprofit Capacity — commonly known as the Ecosystem Report– was published in 2009. It represents the foundational document from which Washington Nonprofits was created and around which capacity building in Washington took shape.
NORTHWEST NONPROFIT CAPACITY REPORT (2016)
Washington Nonprofits partners with the four other northwest state nonprofit associations to release a comprehensive study on the capacity, strengths, and challenges of the region’s nonprofit sector. The 2016 Northwest Nonprofit Capacity Report: Our Strengths – Our Challenges – Our Resilience was developed using survey data from over 1,000 nonprofits in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. The report highlights the progress nonprofits are making in creating a resilient sector.
LEADERSHIP SCAN (2016)
OTHER IMPORTANT RESOURCES
- Forming a New Nonprofit Checklist (Wayfind)
- Washington Nonprofit Handbook (Wayfind)
- Nonprofit Tools & Best Practices (501 Commons)
- Nonprofit Tools & Resources (National Council of Nonprofits)
- Nonprofit Quarterly (daily e-news and printed magazine)
- Washington Nonprofit Institute (on-line learning initiative of Washington Nonprofits)