Washington Nonprofits creates inclusive learning opportunities that are high quality and lead to action. Our policies are designed to support this goal.
Washington Nonprofits strives to ensure that all of our events are accessible to all individuals. If participants have specific accommodation requests, such as sign language interpreters or other accessibility requirements, they should contact Washington Nonprofits’ staff at least two weeks prior to the event. Conferences and other large events may have earlier deadlines for accessibility requests, as stated on the event’s registration policies page. We will attempt to meet all accessibility requests.
Washington Nonprofits understands that many nonprofits do not have funding for professional development. We offer many online learning opportunities for free to ensure that every nonprofit in Washington has at least 12 chances to learn each year. We can accommodate a few requests for scholarships at our in-person workshops. We have a formal scholarship program for the conferences that we produce. Anyone needing a scholarship should email email@example.com for more information
Cancellations and refunds
We understand that life and weather sometimes get in the way.
- Cancellations: There are different policies for webinars, in-person trainings, and conferences. We can issue full refunds for webinars up until 24 hours in advance. We can issue full refunds for most in-person workshops up to 3 days in advance. Please see conference websites for more information about those policies.
- Substitutions: If you need to cancel for any reason, we recommend that you send another individual from your organization in your place. We cannot apply your payment to a future training event.
- No shows: If you are unable to attend an event and have not cancelled in advance, your payment will not be refunded.
- Weather cancellation: We use weather determinations made by local school districts in determining whether to cancel an event. If a workshop must be cancelled due to weather, a full refund will be granted.
- If Washington Nonprofits cancels an event: We reserve the right to cancel any event or substitute presenters if needed. If we cancel an event, we will be sure to personally contact all registrants and offer a full refund.
Request to Present
If you are an excellent trainer, you may be wondering how you can become a Washington Nonprofits trainer. First, please read our education guidelines. They are important in guiding how we make decisions. It is helpful to know about us both by reviewing our website and receiving our newsletter and other emails. You can subscribe here.
We invite you to share more information about your presentation with us. We encourage you to join our list of potential conference presenters—we email this list several times a year, and we read every submission. Finally, please note that we are strongly invested in supporting local presenters in communities across Washington. We especially encourage trainers outside of the Seattle metro area to contact us.